Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Saturday, 12 June 2021 9:54:42 PM

2 x bcdc chargers

one month ago
#13964 Quote
I have a 200 series cruiser. the aux battery (under the bonnet) is charged by a BCDC1225D. Off this auxillary battery I have anderson plug run to the back of cruiser and plug my camper trailer into this, this powers a BCDC1240D in the camper to charge 2 x 120A/H batteries. Is this ok.
one month ago
#13973 Quote
Hi Bill,
This is definitely counter productive, as you are putting 25A into the aux battery in the vehicle and trying to pull 40A out of it at the same time. This will mean very slow charging to both batteries. The correct way is to have separate lines with their own fuses from the starter battery to each BCDC.
I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to post again or call.
Regards, Lex.
one month ago
#13987 Quote
Thanks, i understand what you've explained., and will change my set up to suit. i had always thought the job of the BCDC was to "boost" the charge to the aux  battery from a lower volt/current supply, so you can effectively charge the aux battery. I didn't realise it draws that from the supply.  So is the main reason for a BCDC to "regulate" the charge so  the aux battery gets 100% charged. I have spoken to a few people and they were all of the same opinion, so thats why i thought ask the experts, you guys.
Thanks again.
one month ago
#13988 Quote
Hi Bill,
Just like any battery charger, a BCDC is a power CONVERTER, not a power SOURCE. It has to get the power from somewhere. To charge a battery on its output, the BCDC has to get power from its input supply. It takes whatever voltage it can get from the input and converts it to a suitable output for 3 stage charging a battery. However it is not able to output more POWER than it can take in. If it converts a lower input VOLTAGE to a higher output VOLTAGE, it will be at a lower CURRENT.
I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to post again or call.
Regards, Lex.
Afterpay. Shop now. Pay later.

All you need to apply is to have a debit or credit card, to be over 18 years of age, and to be a resident of Australia.

Late fees and additional eligibility criteria apply. The first payment may be due at the time of purchase. For complete terms visit https://www.afterpay.com.au/en-AU/terms.