Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Sunday, 9 May 2021 7:38:45 PM

Battery setup maintainance

one month ago
#13862 Quote
Hi all,
We always hear about installation instructions and early use etc, but my questions revolve around using a system a few years in. I find myself wondering:

1) If my 2nd battery is connected all year round, but only officially being used 10 times a year, is that bad for maintainance? Should it be disconnected when i know its not going to be used? Is there a problem with the battery recieving twice daily mini top ups, with little/no discharge?

2) How long would a typical AGM battery set up last? How long is a battery meant to be used for, and can i just swap it out and continue ignoring it?

Any info on this kind of thing would be great.
one month ago
#13873 Quote
Hi Nick,
Without knowing what charger you are using, I can't really be sure, but I will put my suggestion after each of your points:

Q1 If my 2nd battery is connected all year round, but only officially being used 10 times a year, is that bad for maintenance? Should it be disconnected when I know its not going to be used? Is there a problem with the battery receiving twice daily mini top ups, with little/no discharge?
A1. I can't see why just leaving it in place would be a problem. It won't be a problem if you are using a REDARC BCDC or BMS product. If you want further info, I suggest you contact the battery manufacturer.  

Q2 How long would a typical AGM battery set up last? How long is a battery meant to be used for, and can I just swap it out and continue ignoring it?
A2. This is going to vary according to battery quality, but with such little use, you should get quite a few years, but once again, a question for the battery manufacturer.

I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to post again or call.
Regards, Lex.

Afterpay. Shop now. Pay later.

All you need to apply is to have a debit or credit card, to be over 18 years of age, and to be a resident of Australia.

Late fees and additional eligibility criteria apply. The first payment may be due at the time of purchase. For complete terms visit https://www.afterpay.com.au/en-AU/terms.