Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Sunday, 18 April 2021 4:12:47 PM

connect solar to BCDC 1225D

one month ago
#13677 Quote
Hi,

I have a 2013 hilux with the BCDC 1225D connected to a deep cycle lead-acid battery which seems to be charging well. I have a 160 watt flexible kings solar panel that I want to connect to the BCDC 1225D as well, but want to check if I'm going about it the best way. The solar panel has open-circuit voltage of 21.9V, short-circuit voltage 9.37A, voltage at Pmax 18.3V and Current at Pmax of 8.75A.

My understanding is that I should connect the BCDC 1225D yellow wire to the positive input of an Anderson plug, then connect the positive wire from the solar panel to another Anderson plug, then connect these 2 Anderson plugs. I would then earth the negative lead of the solar panel via another Anderson plug to the negative terminal of the auxiliary battery. Could someone please advise if this is the correct approach?

Cheers,

Brett
one month ago
#13679 Quote
Hi Brett,
Those panel specs are ideal for the BCDC1225D.
For solar, connect one Anderson plug with its positive terminal to BCDC yellow wire and its negative terminal via a cable to ground or aux battery negative.
Connect another Anderson plug with its positive terminal to solar panel positive and its negative terminal to solar panel negative.
You can then plug the two Anderson plugs to each other to connect your solar panel to the BCDC.
I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to post again or call.
Regards, Lex.
Afterpay. Shop now. Pay later.

All you need to apply is to have a debit or credit card, to be over 18 years of age, and to be a resident of Australia.

Late fees and additional eligibility criteria apply. The first payment may be due at the time of purchase. For complete terms visit https://www.afterpay.com.au/en-AU/terms.