Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Sunday, 18 April 2021 3:35:55 PM

BCDC1240-LV With 1 battery only

2 months ago
#13565 Quote
Hi forum, I purchased a vehicle that was already setup with a REDARC system but no documentation - I have the manual but that's about it. It's a 40Amp system and appears to have 2 battery connection points (Anderson plugs)  - 1 in the rear cargo area and one external to connect to a camper/caravan. I am looking at running a car fridge so want to use the internal connection by throwing in a temporary AGM battery when I need it. Will I have problems with over-charging? I am looking at a 150AH Slimline AGM that reportedly consumes 37.5A at initial charging..... I would appreciate feedback. Thanks
2 months ago
#13566 Quote
Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your post.

The 40A charger is recommended for charging a battery or battery banks of 200Ah +. You may compromise the battery life of your 150Ah AGM slimline. I would recommend swapping out the charger with a smaller variant or upgrading and going to 200Ah +.

Please contact the battery manufacturer for a maximum charge current spec of the battery you wish to charge, that will determine which charger you use.

Thanks, Josh
2 months ago
#13567 Quote
Thanks for the quick reply Josh. Is it feasible to put a dummy load on to reduce the current going into the battery? Just trying to avoid spending money... unless someone wants to swap a 25 for my 40.....
2 months ago
#13576 Quote
Hi Gerard,

Unfortunately not, adding in some sort of resistance would only cause problems with how your battery chargers. Let alone the unwanted heat it would produce.

Thanks, Josh
2 months ago
#13578 Quote
Thanks Josh. That makes sense. I will either look for a swap (someone might want to upsize) or I need a bigger battery setup.
one month ago
#13709 Quote
Excellent article. Very interesting to read. I really love to read such a nice article. Thanks! keep rocking. security doors melbourne northern suburbs
one month ago
#13738 Quote
If you want to buy battery with discount then you use the good guys promo code.
Afterpay. Shop now. Pay later.

All you need to apply is to have a debit or credit card, to be over 18 years of age, and to be a resident of Australia.

Late fees and additional eligibility criteria apply. The first payment may be due at the time of purchase. For complete terms visit https://www.afterpay.com.au/en-AU/terms.