Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Monday, 25 May 2020 7:48:36 AM

Bcdc1225d led pilot light flashing

one month ago
#11614 Quote
Hi.
I just installed unit with solar and alternater input.
It seems to work fine when one of the inputs has power, but when in standby the pilot led flashes constantly with no pause.

The are no error codes in the manual for this flash sequence.

When charging pilot led light is solid as it should be.
one month ago
#11619 Quote
Hi Pierre,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Indeed the flashing 'Profile' LED on the BCDC is quite normal for standby. This means either there is no source available to charge from and that the unit is in standby. When the charger is back up and running again with either a vehicle or solar input, the 'Profile' LED will be on solid, along with the 'Vehicle' or 'Solar' LED's and the 'Stage' light.

I trust this has answered your question in full. If you have any further enquiries, please either reply to this post or ring REDARC Tech support on 08 8322 4848.

Best regards,
Andrew
one month ago
#11627 Quote
Hi Andrew,

I'm not sure we are talking about the same light.

I am refering to the remote pilot light insatlled in my dash. It is connected to orange and green wires and then to external led (I have Lithium second battery).

the manual only has the following error codes listed:

If used, this external LED is either OFF (BCDC not charging), ON (BCDC charging)
or FLASHING (see error codes in Section 1.5 Error Codes).

LED State Description
1 flash (1 flash followed by 3.5 second off) Internal Hardware Fault
2 flash (2 flash followed by 3.5 second off) Unit under temp fault
3 flash (3 flash followed by 3.5 second off) Unit over temp fault
4 flash (4 flash followed by 3.5 second off) Output Battery Fault (Volts too high)
5 flash (5 flash followed by 3.5 second off) Input under voltage (Battery)
6 flash (6 flash followed by 3.5 second off) Input over voltage (Battery or Solar panel)

I have a constant flash with no pause.
one month ago
#11631 Quote
Hi Pierre,

I understand now, apologies for this!
The flashing should indeed indicate a fault code present and a 3.5 sec gap should be present at the end of each 'cycle' of LED's flashing. When this is happening, are you able to monitor the front of the BCDC unit itself and see what the LED's are doing there too? It would be good to correlate this to what the LED pilot light is doing.

Thanks!
Andrew
one month ago
#11632 Quote
Hi Andrew,

In standby I have no gap / pause - a constant flash.
When there is input from alternator or solar, it goes solid as expected.

The BCDC unit has profile light flashing as normal.
one month ago
#11635 Quote
Hi Pierre,

That is interesting!

Am I please able to get the serial number of the unit?
I want to do some testing here at REDARC on the units we have here and can let you know what we find. I have spoken to one of the Engineering team and he indicates that the LED should be Off when the BCDC is in Standby.

Thanks Pierre!

Best regards,
Andrew
one month ago
#11636 Quote
Hi again Pierre,

I have done some testing with the Engineer's here and we have discovered that indeed the remote LED does flash dimmly when the BCDC is in Standby mode (it mimic's the 'Profile' LED flash). This not an indication of a fault code, just showing the unit to be ready and waiting. So overall, no reason to worry about the incorrect operation of your unit!

Thanks again,
Andrew
one month ago
#11637 Quote
Error code
2 flash
Unit under temp fault
What that mean
How do you fix that
one month ago
#11638 Quote
Hi Kenny,

Thanks for your enquiry.

In regards to the '2 flash' fault code, it could be the unit sensing (potentially wrongly) the internal temperature and shutting down.
My suggestion would be to do a power cycle of the BCDC and see if it clears up. This can be achieved by: Disconnecting both the Red, Brown and Yellow wires from their sources and leaving for 10-15mins. Then connect back up in reverse sequence (Red first, Brown second, Yellow third).
If you are still having difficulties after this, please contact REDARC Tech support on 08 8322 4848.
If this is still over the Easter weekend, your local ARB dealer is also another source to assist you.

Best regards,
Andrew