Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Monday, 25 May 2020 7:05:25 AM

Solar Setup in Van

2 months ago
#11590 Quote
Hi,

I am looking at connecting my van (2006 commuter hiace) battery to my 2x designated AGM batteries for my solar system.

I want to charge my dedicated solar batteries (2x135ah) while driving, while also ensuring not to drain my main battery.

What products do I need to do this?

I also have 2x solar panels that I am connecting to my 2 batteries (via charge controller).

Should I be connecting the 2 solar panels in series, and the 2 batteries in series?

Can i connect the solar panels in parallel and batteries in series?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Thanks!

What  
2 months ago
#11592 Quote
Hi Samuel,

The REDARC BCDC1225D is a 12V 25A In-vehicle DC to DC battery charger that would suit your requirements. It features the next generation in REDARC In-vehicle charging technology, charging from Solar and DC inputs simultaneously.

Your batteries and solarpanelss will need to be wired in a parallel connection to keep the system voltage at 12 Volts.

I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to reply by email or call the REDARC technical support team on 08 8322 4848.

Best regards,

Haydn Trenorden
Customer Service Technician
REDARC Electronics
2 months ago
#11593 Quote
Hi,

As I already have an mppt charger, does red arc have just a simple smart isolator without the charger?

If my 2 batteries are rated 135ah each, does that mean my isolator needs to be rated at 270ah?

Thanks.
2 months ago
#11594 Quote
Hi Samuel,

Yes REDARC has the SBI12, this is a simple smart batter isolator the will turn on and off depending on the voltage of the start battery, this device will charge you battery up to around 80-85%.
In order to get a full 100% charge you will need to use one of our BCDC chargers which use specific charge algorithms to charge and maintain the battery.

I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to reply by email or call the REDARC technical support team on 08 8322 4848.

Best regards,

Haydn Trenorden
Customer Service Technician
REDARC Electronics