Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Tuesday, 14 July 2020 7:57:39 AM

Which BCDC

9 months ago
#11250 Quote
I am having  a 100 AHr auxillary battery installed in the engine bay and I also occasionally tow a caravan with 400A Hr of AGMs mostly kept charged by 4 solar panels.

My auto electrician has suggested a BCDC1240 to charge the auxillary battery so that it can also help top up the caravan batteries when needed.

My question is:  If driving without the caravan (i.e. most of the time)  will this 40 Amp BCDC40D overcharge the 100 A/Hr auxillary battery
9 months ago
#11251 Quote
Hi Ian,
You should check the battery manufacturer's recommended maximum charging current. If it is less than 40 amps, it would be wiser to use the BCDC1225D.
As a general guide, for a single battery (100-150AH size), in most cases the BCDC1225D would be the recommended charger.
For your van batteries, it would be better to have a separate BCDC1240D mounted in the van with its own feed from the starter battery. For more on this, see:
https://www.redarc.com.au/faq-tech-tips/one-bcdc-for-two-batteries-in-different-locations

I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to email again or call.

Lex Clarke
Customer Service Technician

9 months ago
#11253 Quote
Lex@REDARC wrote:
Hi Ian,
You should check the battery manufacturer's recommended maximum charging current. If it is less than 40 amps, it would be wiser to use the BCDC1225D.
As a general guide, for a single battery (100-150AH size), in most cases the BCDC1225D would be the recommended charger.
For your van batteries, it would be better to have a separate BCDC1240D mounted in the van with its own feed from the starter battery. For more on this, see:
https://www.redarc.com.au/faq-tech-tips/one-bcdc-for-two-batteries-in-different-locations

I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to email again or call.

Lex Clarke
Customer Service Technician

Ok, thanks)
9 months ago
#11254 Quote
Okay)
9 months ago
#11263 Quote
Thanks)