Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Thursday, 21 November 2019 2:05:27 AM

Which BCDC

one month ago
#11250 Quote
I am having  a 100 AHr auxillary battery installed in the engine bay and I also occasionally tow a caravan with 400A Hr of AGMs mostly kept charged by 4 solar panels.

My auto electrician has suggested a BCDC1240 to charge the auxillary battery so that it can also help top up the caravan batteries when needed.

My question is:  If driving without the caravan (i.e. most of the time)  will this 40 Amp BCDC40D overcharge the 100 A/Hr auxillary battery
one month ago
#11251 Quote
Hi Ian,
You should check the battery manufacturer's recommended maximum charging current. If it is less than 40 amps, it would be wiser to use the BCDC1225D.
As a general guide, for a single battery (100-150AH size), in most cases the BCDC1225D would be the recommended charger.
For your van batteries, it would be better to have a separate BCDC1240D mounted in the van with its own feed from the starter battery. For more on this, see:
https://www.redarc.com.au/faq-tech-tips/one-bcdc-for-two-batteries-in-different-locations

I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to email again or call.

Lex Clarke
Customer Service Technician

one month ago
#11253 Quote
Lex@REDARC wrote:
Hi Ian,
You should check the battery manufacturer's recommended maximum charging current. If it is less than 40 amps, it would be wiser to use the BCDC1225D.
As a general guide, for a single battery (100-150AH size), in most cases the BCDC1225D would be the recommended charger.
For your van batteries, it would be better to have a separate BCDC1240D mounted in the van with its own feed from the starter battery. For more on this, see:
https://www.redarc.com.au/faq-tech-tips/one-bcdc-for-two-batteries-in-different-locations

I trust this has answered your question clearly. If you have any further queries, please feel free to email again or call.

Lex Clarke
Customer Service Technician

Ok, thanks)
one month ago
#11254 Quote
Okay)
one month ago
#11263 Quote
Thanks)