Close
Cart
You have no items in your shopping cart.
Filters
Thursday, 21 November 2019 12:33:47 AM

BMS1230 Temp Warning

2 months ago
#11137 Quote
I have a BMS1230 in my vehicle which monitors a second battery under the bonnet.  If the outside temp gets above 26 degrees the battery temp alarm goes off.  I understand that it would be 60 degrees under the bonnet but was wondering if there is a solution to stop the alarm going off all the time.
2 months ago
#11155 Quote
Hi Mark,

Where is the BMS current shunt and battery temperature sensor located?

Regards
Fletcher
2 months ago
#11188 Quote
Hi Mark,

Thank you for your enquiry.

Due to the battery temperature compensation feature of the REDARC Battery Management System, it is not recommended for charging an under-bonnet auxiliary battery.

For any further questions, or possible further issue resolution please don’t hesitate to ask by contacting our technical support line on (08) 8322 4848

Best regards,

Kahlan
2 months ago
#11200 Quote
Ok, thanks for the reply.  

So since I already have it under the bonnet the only way I can stop the chirping is to ignore?  and if I do this is it doing any damage to anything.
2 months ago
#11205 Quote
Hi Mark,

When the Battery Management System is displaying the alarm, it is indicating that it is above the recommended charging temperature, and the BMS will no longer produce any charge current until the temperature drops again.
This is obviously not an efficient way to run your system, as the majority of the time whilst driving you will be receiving no charge.

Best regards,

Kahlan
2 months ago
#11207 Quote
Thanks for your assistance.