Warenkorb (0)
Sie haben keine Artikel im Korb.
Filter
Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2022 08:03:02

BMS1230S2

9 Monate ago
#13912 Zitieren
Hi
we have a communications trailer powered by 3 x Powersonic PG12V250 batteries which have just been replaced
The BMS keeps throwing a Dry Cell detected error with these batteries ( It was doing it with the old batteries as well but they were definitely suspect as they had been left uncharged several times over a period of years and would not revive at all.
These are set as AGM batteries which I hop[e is correct .
Do I set them as 250AH  or 750AH as there are 3 in parallel ?
What does the dry cell error indicate ?  It just reoccurs when either ignore or clear is performed and it has only been appearing on solar charge so far - not when on 240V charge ( although this is minimal time and infrequently)
Thanks
Ric Newson
Charleville SES Comms Officer
9 Monate ago
#13917 Zitieren
Hi Ric,
Thanks for your post.

Looking up these batteries, they do appear to be AGM technology, so the setting you have it on there is fine. With the AH setting, it will need to be the total capacity you have installed; so 750AH is correct.
If the Manager has a poor connection to the Auxiliary batteries, this could also cause the 'Dry Cell Detected' warning on the display. Usually it is the unit monitoring a shorted cell internally, but should generally be unlikely in a brand new battery (although we have seen it before!).

What you could do is troubleshoot by disconnecting 1-2 of the batteries, run the system for a bit and see if you can pin-point if one is faulty out of the three. Or you can take them to get load tested, that could be the easiest way to be honest.

See how you get on there Ric and if still unsure, I think it would be best to give Tech Support a call and talk this through.

If you are still requiring assistance, please call us on REDARC Tech Support on 08 8322 4848.

Best regards,
Andrew
3 Monate ago
#18460 Zitieren
Re the BMS 1230S2

I have been distracted from the SES Trailer for a bit but  now back on track

The Dry Cell error is only appearing when only solar charging is available and no load is turned on .
When 240V input was turned on there was no dry cell error

When I checked the trailer a day or so ago ( it was parked up with 240v and Solar charging simultaneously available – it was reporting a low battery voltage – 10.7V  and no input from either solar or 240v side  and now keeps coming up with
AC Supply Over temperature error and now solar voltage or current reading and  ) output on the 240V side

All was working OK on the 17-18 october as we had a full weekend of use with solar and 240V input running fridge , Inverter and 12 Radio bank

I have turned off 240V at present and connected an external charger to try and bring up battery voltage

Also there are 4 x 250AH AGM batteries  - ( not the 3 I initially said as one was hidden behind a barrier )  so should be 1000AH  but max setting on the BMS is 800AH – Is this an issue ?
3 Monate ago
#18461 Zitieren
Bit more investigating today

The AC Supply Over temp seems to have stopped now battery voltage is up to 11.8-11.9  using my external charger

Still no charging from 240V input to redarc

The Solar input lead shows 17-19V  when the green plug is removed from BMS  but as soon as it is replugged in the solar input reads 1.2-1.3 V only
Ive cleaned and reseated connections to no avail

BMS goes through desulphation stage  then reports no charge when restarted

I have disconnected the parallel connections and gone through each battery individually having reset the BMS to AGM 250AH   each one does the same thing
If storage mode - cycles through batt test - desulphation- boost mode with now charging output
Touring mode - goes to boost mode with no charging output registerering
If solar input is connected - the Solar voltage drops to 1.2-1.3V _ If is is not connected it reads 17-19V at end of wire ( or in green plug connector when removed from BMS)

The BMS reports battery voltage between 12.1-12.6 volts but the charger I am using to boost the individual batteries before connection ( and my Multimeter) report over 13.1V

Factory Reset has not resolved the issue - nor has reseating all wires into the BMS

This unit is in the SES mobile comms trailer which powers a 12V Radio bank . Ac 240V inverter to power WI-FI and Large screen monitor , fridge , and led lighting when needed.
It has long dormant periods and then will be called on in short notice when needed for emergencies or training
12V Car input is not connected at all
When on standby it is connected to 240V and in outdoors for solar input as well

3 Monate ago
#18714 Zitieren
Ric wrote:
Re the BMS 1230S2

I have been distracted from the SES Trailer for a bit but  now back on track

The Dry Cell error is only appearing when only solar charging is available and no load is turned on .
When 240V input was turned on there was no dry cell error

When I checked the trailer a day or so ago ( it was parked up with 240v and Solar charging simultaneously available – it was reporting a low battery voltage – 10.7V  and no input from either solar or 240v side  and now keeps coming up with
AC Supply Over temperature error and now solar voltage or current reading and  ) output on the 240V side

All was working OK on the 17-18 october as we had a full weekend of use with solar and 240V input running fridge , Inverter and 12 Radio bank

I have turned off 240V at present and connected an external charger to try and bring up battery voltage

Also there are 4 x 250AH AGM batteries  - ( not the 3 I initially said as one was hidden behind a barrier )  so should be 1000AH  but max setting on the BMS is 800AH – Is this an issue ?
3 Monate ago
#18715 Zitieren
Ric wrote:
Bit more investigating today

The AC Supply Over temp seems to have stopped now battery voltage is up to 11.8-11.9  using my external charger

Still no charging from 240V input to redarc

The Solar input lead shows 17-19V  when the green plug is removed from BMS  but as soon as it is replugged in the solar input reads 1.2-1.3 V only
Ive cleaned and reseated connections to no avail

BMS goes through desulphation stage  then reports no charge when restarted

I have disconnected the parallel connections and gone through each battery individually having reset the BMS to AGM 250AH   each one does the same thing
If storage mode - cycles through batt test - desulphation- boost mode with now charging output
Touring mode - goes to boost mode with no charging output registerering
If solar input is connected - the Solar voltage drops to 1.2-1.3V _ If is is not connected it reads 17-19V at end of wire ( or in green plug connector when removed from BMS)

The BMS reports battery voltage between 12.1-12.6 volts but the charger I am using to boost the individual batteries before connection ( and my Multimeter) report over 13.1V

Factory Reset has not resolved the issue - nor has reseating all wires into the BMS

This unit is in the SES mobile comms trailer which powers a 12V Radio bank . Ac 240V inverter to power WI-FI and Large screen monitor , fridge , and led lighting when needed.
It has long dormant periods and then will be called on in short notice when needed for emergencies or training
12V Car input is not connected at all
When on standby it is connected to 240V and in outdoors for solar input as well

I have some photos of the monitor screen but the picture upload wants a URL not a local file ?
3 Monate ago
#18796 Zitieren
Hi Ric,
Thanks for the update there.

This is a strange one indeed!
It sounds as though a combination of inputs is what is causing it (not that it should however) and only really intermittent as well. Potentially it could be an issue with the AC board in the charger.

With the AH setting on the unit, it will work all ok - it would only mean the State of Charge will be understated as you have more capacity than the system thinks! It will still detect the voltage ok overall.

With your solar panel voltage dropping right down when plugged in - I am thinking maybe the panels are faulty as this is a classic symptom of this. Measuring the panel voltage with it 'unloaded' will show you their normal voltage (17-19V as you saw), but when 'loaded down', if there are issues with them the voltage falls away.
We do have a testing procedure for Solar panels - see more info on this link here.

If you are able to get me the serial number of the charger and give us a call on Tech Support, we'll be able to help you out further.

Thanks again Ric!

Best regards,
Andrew
2 Monate ago
#19868 Zitieren
What you could do is troubleshoot by disconnecting 1-2 of the batteries, run the system for a bit and see if you can pin-point if one is faulty out of the three. Or you can take them to get load tested, that could be the easiest way to be honest.
2 Monate ago
#19882 Zitieren
Teatv
hello dear