Schließen
Warenkorb (0)
Sie haben keine Artikel im Korb.
Filter
Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2022 08:03:26

BCDC1240-LV With 1 battery only

1 Jahr ago
#13565 Zitieren
Hi forum, I purchased a vehicle that was already setup with a REDARC system but no documentation - I have the manual but that's about it. It's a 40Amp system and appears to have 2 battery connection points (Anderson plugs)  - 1 in the rear cargo area and one external to connect to a camper/caravan. I am looking at running a car fridge so want to use the internal connection by throwing in a temporary AGM battery when I need it. Will I have problems with over-charging? I am looking at a 150AH Slimline AGM that reportedly consumes 37.5A at initial charging..... I would appreciate feedback. Thanks
1 Jahr ago
#13566 Zitieren
Hi Gerard,

Thanks for your post.

The 40A charger is recommended for charging a battery or battery banks of 200Ah +. You may compromise the battery life of your 150Ah AGM slimline. I would recommend swapping out the charger with a smaller variant or upgrading and going to 200Ah +.

Please contact the battery manufacturer for a maximum charge current spec of the battery you wish to charge, that will determine which charger you use.

Thanks, Josh
1 Jahr ago
#13567 Zitieren
Thanks for the quick reply Josh. Is it feasible to put a dummy load on to reduce the current going into the battery? Just trying to avoid spending money... unless someone wants to swap a 25 for my 40.....
11 Monate ago
#13576 Zitieren
Hi Gerard,

Unfortunately not, adding in some sort of resistance would only cause problems with how your battery chargers. Let alone the unwanted heat it would produce.

Thanks, Josh
11 Monate ago
#13578 Zitieren
Thanks Josh. That makes sense. I will either look for a swap (someone might want to upsize) or I need a bigger battery setup.
10 Monate ago
#13738 Zitieren
If you want to buy battery with discount then you use the good guys promo code.
4 Monate ago
#15517 Zitieren
recently had installed a BCDC 1240lv dual battery system with a century marine pro 620 battery. it has been a disaster !!!!! since the installation it has boiled the battery 3 times sending acid over evrything !!! i rang redarc and they said to change the wiring configuration for the gel battery and it would lower the charge. they also said if its under the bonnet then it might be getting to hot from the engine and to insulate it.
4 Monate ago
#17000 Zitieren
today i changed the wiring and put the battery back in and went for a drive for about a km, got home popped the bonnet and acid everywhere again!
3 Monate ago
#18614 Zitieren
Thanks for your post.
2 Monate ago
#19893 Zitieren
I have sorted the regulator issue and now a general question regarding connecting a solar blanket via the anderson plug.  I was thinking of connectiing an unregulated solar blanket via the anderson plug to run the 1240 dc charger to charge the batteries. So will this work safely and if so what size solar blanket would I need to run the charger?