Schließen
Warenkorb (0)
Sie haben keine Artikel im Korb.
Filter
Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2022 07:49:24

BMS3012S2 LiFePo4 batteries storage question.

1 Jahr ago
#13511 Zitieren
Have one of these systems installed in camper along with two 120a/h LIfepo4 batteries from EV power in WA.

father was doing some work on the camper and somehow the batteries tripped out on the circuit breakers fitted to the positive terminal.

Once he had reconnected the circuit he found the bms display was flashing constantly "calculating"  i checked the setup of the program and everything was as it should have been.

To see what happened next I had him run the fridge overnight with mains power off and this seemed to reset the system allowing a display of 88% capacity in battery capacity.

Does this sound correct I would have thought it be almost instant ?

I also have few concerns about the long time storage of the batteries to quote EV

Prolonged (weeks) charging at 100% SOC is not recommended.

For storage more than 2 weeks

fully charge battery then give it a slight discharge for few minutes
(14v is considered fully charged)

switch off all loads and chargers including solar (circuit breakers or fuses removed)

start process in 3 months time go back to step 1

If greater than 3 months disconnect red positive cable from battery to ensure no parasitic occur

Should this process be done under Storage mode or Touring mode ?  

any suggestions appreciated

regards

Dean
1 Jahr ago
#13512 Zitieren
Hi Dean,
Thanks for your post.

At times, the Manager can take overnight to calculate this the State of Charge of the batteries - this is not uncommon. It simply needs to get the batteries charged back up to 100% full, then mark them as such on the display.

When looking at long term storage charging, we do recommend to place the Manager into 'Storage mode' and left connected to either 240v power or Solar power constantly. The unit will not keep the batteries at 100% charge, it usually drops them down sometimes down to around 90%.
In our testing, the unit can be left in this state for as long as needed, however some battery manufacturer's specify otherwise (as you mentioned).
Go by their recommendations as well and exercise the battery as required.

I trust this has answered your question in full. If you are still requiring assistance, please call us on REDARC Tech Support on 08 8322 4848.

Best regards,
Andrew
2 Monate ago
#19869 Zitieren
Just wanted to clarify this, I was told when using the Redarc / Revolution high draw batteries (300Ah bank) to leave Manager 30 / Redvision in touring mode all the time.

Is this incorrect?