Schließen
Warenkorb (0)
Sie haben keine Artikel im Korb.
Filter
Donnerstag, 27. Januar 2022 06:03:43

Mounting Tow-Pro Elite in Rear of Truck?

1 Jahr ago
#12899 Zitieren
Any drawback to mounting the controller in the back of the vehicle, closer to the hitch connector wiring, and just running the ethernet cable to the dash for the knob?
1 Jahr ago
#12903 Zitieren
Hi Eric,

Thanks for your enquiry.

Indeed you can do that, no worries at all!
If it is a TowPro Elite V2 unit, you can purchase a CAT5E cable from your local Jaycar or similar.
If you have a TowPro V3 unit, we offer several lengths of cable on our website. Please see link here to these.

I trust this has answered your question in full. If you have any further enquiries, please either reply to this post or ring REDARC Tech support on 08 8322 4848.

Best regards,
Andrew
1 Jahr ago
#12908 Zitieren
Excellent, thank you!
1 Jahr ago
#12921 Zitieren
I guess I have another question after all.  I'm in the US, so my understanding is that we only have access to the V2, correct? I've attached (or at least tried to) a photo of the box to confirm.  If it is a V2, am I understanding correctly that I can use any quality Cat 5 cable?  Also, I'm so new to these cool things and not trusting my knowledge after years of aligning and leveling old school controllers...is the orientation shown in the second photo really okay? It's just in the kick panel area,on its side, and at like a 45° angle to level.  Feels so strange to mount it like that, so just looking for a "yep you're good" from the horse's mouth as they say.

https://s.amsu.ng/Gu3B3wm9YqPN
1 Jahr ago
#12924 Zitieren
Hi Eric,

Indeed you are correct, it is a V2 TowPro Elite that you have there. We recommend using a CAT5E type cable to connect from the remote head to the main TowPro unit, so you can purchase a longer one if needed.
The orientation of the unit is all ok; due to the accelerometer inside the unit it can work out which way around it is mounted and compensates accordingly. Just make sure it is securely mounted to a bracket or panel, no hanging by some wires or something like that.

Best regards,
Andrew
2 Monate ago
#19875 Zitieren
Is it possible to mount a tow pro elite 2 in the van and just run a network cable to the cabin of the car for the controller? My son has a company vehicle and used to borrow my van for the holidays but his new car doesn't have an electric brake controller.
2 Monate ago
#19885 Zitieren
Hi Trevor,
Thanks for your post.

The main installation location for a TowPro is in a vehicle in general - if it is required to be in the rear and a longer remote head cable used that will be fine yes.
As long as the unit is out of the weather and secure, then this is fine.
It is not designed to go in a trailer - this would be our EBTM unit instead.

Best regards,
Andrew