I'm planning an install for my troopy, along the lines of:
* Upgraded (sealed) alternator, plus
* 2 x 180W fixed solar panels (will include spare Anderson for a portable panel as well), feeding into
* 1 x BCDC1250D, charging
* 2 x 100Ah LiFePO4 (to start with) batteries. That will then run to
* 1 x TVMS1280 with dual Display Units
My two main questions:
1. What do I lose over a Manager-30 based install, by using the BCDC?
2. Can I regain some of that data by installing the shunt (Manager 30 Battery Sensor)? That appears to be talking CAN, so I'm wondering if the TVMS can directly read the PIDs from the shunt's CAN broadcasts, or if it needs the Manager 30 to re-broadcast on different PIDs.
Bonus question - how open are the CAN details on the TVMS? Could we also read PIDs from something like a Haltech TMS-4 (https://www.haltech.com/product/ht-011601-tms-4-tyre-monitoring-system/). Could you go the other way, and feed in to a Haltech iC-7 Dash (https://www.haltech.com/product-category/dashes-gauges-and-data-logging/haltech-ic-7-dashes/)?