When it comes to portable solar, it pays to take good care of it and give it that extra TLC is deserves so it can last you for years and years to come.
Here are our top tips for looking after your solar blanket:
- While in use, place the wrap around the velcro sleeve behind the panel. Also it goes without saying, but do not walk on the Solar Blanket, as tempting as that may be. They are sturdy, but not exactly made as in impromotu-dance floor.
- Your solar blanket will achieve best charging performance by keeping it dust, dirt and sand free. This will also help in preventing sctraches.
- To do this, allow your blanket to cool before cleaning and avoid using chemical cleaning agents. We are all trying to be green afterall!
- We recommend using a sponge or a damp clean chamois to remove dust or dirt and then dry with a soft microfibre cloth.
- Should it somehow start raining - and lets face it Australian weather is as unpredictable as it comes - allow your blanket to dry completetly before folding it away.
- Always store the blanket in a cool, dry place.
- Last but not least, take care of your blanket by storing it in a secure place to prevent damage
Follow these tips and you will be well on your way to enjoy the benfits of solar for years to come. If you want to find out more on why we dig solar, click here.